• Info Articles RSS Feed

Article Preview

If you want to just gas and go, and never have to worry about replacing an alternator, or snuggling down the header bolts, or getting a wet leg driving in a rainstorm, ...
    by Published on 10-07-2017 09:11 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Engine & Powertrain
    Article Preview

When we play with engine placement and assemble drive axles to the frame, ...
    1. Categories:
    2. Brakes, Wheels, Tires

Checking my front wheels for play, I found there was some amount of ...
    1. Categories:
    2. Engine & Powertrain
    Article Preview

Setting and adjusting the valve lash is often overlooked as a simplistic and unsophisticated task for proper engine maintenance, yet much can be gained by paying attention to valve lash. Good initial set up and keeping a close eye on the valve lash can alert you to a problem before it leads to a pernicious death of your powerplant.

by Published on 02-25-2017 02:41 PM
    The preview text goes here. If you don't enter anything here, the pagetext will be stripped of html and the beginning will be used.
    1. Categories:
    2. General, Shows, Track Days, etc.,
    3. Steering & Suspension
    Article Preview

The 24 Deadly Sins of Chassis Tuning

Written by The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
    From the March 1999 issue story by Don Alexander • Illustration by Ruben Cueto

Picture this: At the race track, you’re unloaded and ready to go for the
    1. Categories:
    2. Electrical & Lighting
    Article Preview

With all the winter mod's going on, many of them wiring ...
    Article Preview

THE WINTER BLUES
    Article by Purple Venom.

Each year, about this time, I toy with the thought of selling Purple Venom. I tell others it will be for sale soon, I have a price in mind, and I just stay away from the car so it will be easier when it sells. I tell everyone that I’m ...

1. Categories:
    3. Brakes, Wheels, Tires
    Article Preview

Trail-braking is a subtle driving technique that allows for later braking and increased corner entry speed. The classical technique is to complete braking before turn-in. This is a safer, easier ...

I was sent this from a fellow Cobra owner in Kansas City that thought the story was interesting. After reading through the articles, it is very interesting. Take a look at the link and follow the other links on that page for more info and some ...
    1. Categories:
    2. Brakes, Wheels, Tires
    Article Preview

Often, the question comes up, “what is the correct tire pressure for my car”. Aside from the rule of thumb of 1psi per 100lbs, this is a recent article from GoodGuys Gazette that helps with the question. ...
    Article Preview

London Cobra Show and Parking Lot parties….
    Recently, Linda and I had a chance to go to London, Ohio to the Cobra show there with members from the club. ...
    1. Categories:
    3. Cleaning & Detailing
    Article Preview

So, you’ve got a Cobra and you want to hit some cars shows. Cool. We like going to car shows on occasion. As a group, we try to get a few cars together and hit a couple of shows every year. You may want to go to more than that, and that’s fine. I’ve been to a number of shows and it’s kind of fun. ...
    1. Categories:
    2. General, Shows, Track Days, etc.
    Article Preview

Getting ready for your first track weekend:

Well here we go. You've decided to venture into a track weekend. It looks like a lot of fun, and it is. As of novice (that's actually the correct technical term for those new to track events) you will spend much of your off-track time listening and learning, and there is a lot to learn. ...
    1. Categories:
    Article Preview

As driving season approaches, you’ll want to take some time to prepare for the impending fun of weekend cruises and excursions that in all likelihood will take you many miles from the relative comfort of your locality. Taking our cars out for a day of driving adventure with the club is one of the ...
    1. Categories:

1. The two most dangerous words in aviation are, “Watch this.” The same goes for driving a Cobra. Humility is a wonderful personal trait to have for driving a Cobra ...