Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cobra Bimini

Member # 038
    Rides

Ian,

You could put a huge sticker or a number on the top of that shade screen.

Spoke to Scott this morning. Owner of C and C Machine. In Louisiana. Phone 985-395-5508 (identify with GCC) he built it, guaranteed to 140 mph, 10 minute install/5 minute take down. Fits in bag into your trunk. SCOTT TUDREY. Yes, it is pricey, $2,000. All stainless, with top grade canvas (grade above sunbrella)... lots of interest from past Texas Rally, inquires from England and Australia... no modifications needed, installation simple / two snaps installed on windshield frame, two grommets on side of transmission tunnel, support bar sits behind seats, tension straps into trunk. The height is also adjustable for tall drivers. This is a very slick set up...I am seriously thinking about it....

PRESIDENT, FORUM MODERATOR, Member # 015

$4 Sunscreen and a good hat will suffice just fine for me.
    FFR# ????, 460 Big Block, Quickfuel 750 Mechanical Sec., Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to Cobra Jet heads, 447 rwhp and 459 rwtq, T5, 8.8 4 link, 3.55 rear, 4 wheel disc, Color - 2007 Ford/Toyota Orange Crush with Ingot Silver Stripes, Never completed

This looks like a total enclosed top...would be a feat to install then remove... nice nonetheless...I prefer the Bimini Top, open sides and back..

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
    This looks like a total enclosed top...would be a feat to install then remove... nice nonetheless...I prefer the Bimini Top, open sides and back..
    Think you just need to drive the beemer!
    Factory Five MK3.1,302 EFI,T5 ,3.55's,Tubular control arms,4 wheel disc's,17x11 and 17x9.5 Levy wheels,255 and 315 Kumho Ecstas, Hydroboost power steering and brakes,QJ delete front and back,Custom hood and side louvers,Dequire nose.

Member #051

Hi Gracie.
    Never being one to avoid adding my 2cents worth, maybe it's a buck twenty five now with inflation, lol. But the "tension strap" into the truck concerns me. I haven't seen this system but if it's anything like a bike rack I haven't seen a car yet where the straps haven't worn the paint off. I was going to tackle this top issue myself. Maybe we all need to toss some ideas around, I'm sure we could come up with a great system that's afforadable for the adverage guy without feeling gouged. Just saying.

VICE PRESIDENT, Member # 032

I've had the same thoughts as Kent, I know it makes the top more versatile, but there's no way to avoid that strap rubbing the paint in that spot, unless you apply some kind of coating to the paint (Ian, maybe your clear-coat company can help).
    I have some ideas I want to work on this summer for a top similar to this. Maybe combined we can develop something.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, Painted 4/10/14

Yep, agreed, biggest engineering feat of this rig is the WINDSHIELD MOUNTING RODS...that fit into windshield frame slot...then couple fabric flaps with grommets that attach down 6-8 inches down each windshield leg...then stainless steel ribs down each edge- front to back (left-right Side) then Hoop support that fits in behind seats, and goes over the trans tunnel held with two snaps each side...then a stainless steel rib across back left to right supported by the hoop...then
    the straps you mention....tensioned into the trunk(certainly precaution needed to protect paint work) ....and your good to go...like the idea, have not placed an order yet, most likely fall under the category of “office expense/equipment-supplies”...we will see....
    Last edited by Gracie; 04-14-2018 at 09:58 AM.