Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobra Bimini

Rides

Default Cobra Bimini

Oh I have been seeing the San Marcos rally Texas rally....I think we called this one it is COLD THERE! Some even mentioned NOT driving in this cold weather...so was thinking I was missing something, but now I don’t think I / We missed anything...! Also if anyone noticed or saw a post talking about a “portable sun shade top” displayed on one attendee’s Cobra...YES had it checked out by JAMES YALE (Radical Roadsters) BDR , and he contacted me to say it was well constructed, and well done...closing with the comment...”it is pricey”....choke... $2,000! Mentioned also it was a fairly easy installation on/off...also he was ordering one for his shop...more details will be forth coming, and I will share it...

PRESIDENT, FORUM MODERATOR, Member # 015

Here is a screen cap of it on a car
    CobraBimini.jpg
    FFR# ????, 460 Big Block, Quickfuel 750 Mechanical Sec., Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to Cobra Jet heads, 428 rwhp and 437 rwtq, T5, 8.8 4 link, 3.55 rear, 4 wheel disc, Color - 2007 Ford/Toyota Orange Crush with Ingot Silver Stripes, Never completed

Ian, can't wait to see how it looks on your car.

Pricey at best $2,000 bucks! All you engineers out there could make one of these...couple rails, back piece, piece across windshield, upholsterer hook up some sunbrella fabric...and you’re in....couple straps with stops on the ends and slip into trunk area, close the lid and you’re off....

SECRETARY & Administrator, Forum Moderator, Member # 019

I'll make you one, Ian, and save you a couple bucks

Send me $1,998 and I'll get started

VICE PRESIDENT, Member # 032

I was interested until you said 2 grand. That is ridiculous.
    I talked to the guy last year and was kind of interested (not real happy about some of his design ideas, but it worked). I contacted him after we got back last year, but he didn't seem real interested in selling (?)
    I think I'm going to have at fabricating one myself. I've got some ideas.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, Painted 4/10/14

Social Director, Member #067

So...how many do we have to order to get the volume discount down to around $500 each???

The guy sent me a private message with his phone number and said to call him Monday...I will provide feedback after the call.

SECRETARY & Administrator, Forum Moderator, Member # 019

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
    The guy sent me a private message with his phone number and said to call him Monday...I will provide feedback after the call.
    Do I need to get competitive? $1,997.25 better Or if you want a group buy of 3 or more, how about $1,917.69 plus freight and taxes.

Member #007

Quote Originally Posted by mplunk View Post
    So...how many do we have to order to get the volume discount down to around $500 each???
    Bass Pro has a Bimini Top for their 20ft pontoon boat that you could cut into five sections and split the cost...
    "If you build a liberal a fire, he will be warm for a while. If you set a liberal on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life."

'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.'

"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stops to reload."

The problems we face today are there ... because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.