Default Anyone here a ford tech? Need a used PCM reflashed with my daily drivers info

Hey all. Our PCM in our Flex got toasted when my coils failed. The PCM was repaired (coil driver circuits) but now it has intermittent communications loss. It's possible the circuitry was damaged during the coil failure, but could also have been messed up by the repair facility, who, of course, is denying any fault. It starts and runs fine most of the time. I have a used, but good PCM, same part number, and tried to use a clone IDS interface, and while it performs all other functions, it won't program. I understand ford won't program used PCMs, nor will they update the VIN on a used PCM. All of the original PCM data can be inhaled by software and has the latest calibration installed. Hoping someone can help! Thanks, Alex

Member #007

For any Ford PCM programming I would suggest:

Bob Monks

STL Mustangs
    300 Woodlawn Dr
    Park Hills, MO 63601
    (573) 747-6523

However, the bulk of Bob's work and tuning tools are directed toward 1989-2018 Mustang PCMs....with a smattering of Ford Trucks.
    But...Bob understand Ford programming protocol and perhaps can offer some suggestions.

Keep in mind that some models of Ford PCM's may not be cost-effective to crack if there is not software available specifically for that model of car.

Be aware that Bob is often swamped and may not be able to return your call promptly if you leave a message.
    I would keep calling until you catch him on the phone. Late afternoons after 3 pm during the week seem to work best. He leaves at 5.

Be sure to tell him that you are a Gateway Cobra Club member and that I suggested you call him.

Kerry
    "If you build a liberal a fire, he will be warm for a while. If you set a liberal on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life."

'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.'

"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stops to reload."

The problems we face today are there ... because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

SECRETARY & Administrator, Forum Moderator, Member # 019

take a look at the program "ForScan" https://forscan.org/index.html

With the correct adaprer (about $35), you can access the various modules thru the OBDII port and change various items.

Many thank s for the lead! I will look him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry & Kathy View Post
    For any Ford PCM programming I would suggest:

Bob Monks

STL Mustangs
    300 Woodlawn Dr
    Park Hills, MO 63601
    (573) 747-6523

However, the bulk of Bob's work and tuning tools are directed toward 1989-2018 Mustang PCMs....with a smattering of Ford Trucks.
    But...Bob understand Ford programming protocol and perhaps can offer some suggestions.

Keep in mind that some models of Ford PCM's may not be cost-effective to crack if there is not software available specifically for that model of car.

Be aware that Bob is often swamped and may not be able to return your call promptly if you leave a message.
    I would keep calling until you catch him on the phone. Late afternoons after 3 pm during the week seem to work best. He leaves at 5.

Be sure to tell him that you are a Gateway Cobra Club member and that I suggested you call him.

Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by PaulProe View Post
    take a look at the program "ForScan" https://forscan.org/index.html

With the correct adaprer (about $35), you can access the various modules thru the OBDII port and change various items.
    Thanks Paul. I actually have a couple different interface devices and have various programs (Focccus, FORSCAN, etc) but none have been able to program. I did enable global window open/close on my focus, which is a pretty cool feature. Just wish it would control the sunroof too.

Well, some luck so far! I was able to perform a PATS reset with the interface and software combination and got the PCM to start playing nice with the security features, so now it starts and runs! Still need to write the correct trans calibration and vin, but we're back on the road! Also, Marshal ford has agreed to reflash the PCM for us, but can't get us in till late next week.

Good news Alex. Glad you're back on the road and have a workable plan to get everything fixed.
    T-Bull FFR MKII #4402 Sterling Grey w/ Black stripes, Supercharged 308 (Rebuilt Forged 2014 with DSS Main Girdle) with Modified Powerdyne, GT-40 Heads, F-Cam, Mass-Flo Fuel Injection, Snow Performance Stage 3 Intercooller, RWHP 445, Tan Leather Interior, Dual Rollbars, 3-Link, Competition Bump Steer Kit, Dropped Trunk Mod, Front Sway bar, (Whatever is Next)
    PFTK