• August 2015 Car of the Month

The August COM is.....mine! That's Purple Venom at Hallet Raceway . The details are it's a Factory Five MKII built in 2004 (not by me), 460 Big Block, QuickFuel 750, Tremec 3650 5 Speed, Ford 8.8 Rear with 3.55 gears, running 275/45/17 Rear and 245/45/17 in the front. I bought the car at Fastlane in 2006 with only 1200 miles on the odometer. Many of you have heard the story of me buying the car and sending Linda a picture of it showing her what I just bought. It took a while for her to like the car, but now, she won't let me sell it.

Day of purchase at FastLane June 2006[/caption]

The first two years I owned the car I attended several shows, won a couple trophies and such, but it just didn't feel right...all the sitting around I mean. The car was meant to be driven. In 2008, I met Tom Keiser, Keith Mueller, Mike DeGuire and Mark Earls at a local car show and joined the club. Since then, I've driven the car 30,000 miles in 6 different states, on 6 different road courses, it's been on the Pig's Tail, At Mt. Rushmore, and to many, many ice cream stops, it's been taken apart once and retrofitted with many upgrades for better handling and driveability.

It's been a great ride and time getting to know new people, traveling to new places and getting to know the car even better. I've had the car 9 years now, and everytime I get in, it seems like the first time. It's been on the drag strip, road course, in the rain, on sunny days and it still just keeps going. To tell you the truth, it's been the best car I've owned.

Oh, and did I mention Purple Venom has been in a magazine? Yep, Muscle Machines June 2011

So, get out and drive your car....live your 'dream'...one of which I will get to fulfill next month by driving my car on the Tail of the Dragon. Have a great driving season!