SECRETARY, Member # 015
    Rides

Default September 2009 Car Of the Month

This months car belongs to Steve Fehr. Steve purchased this beauty April of 2007 from D&M Motorsports. The color is Titanium with Black stripes and has 17" PS Engineering wheels with Michelin PS2 335/35/ZR17 on the rear and 275/40/ZR17 on the front for gripping the road or the track. Steve drives his car constantly and has 42,000 miles behind him and has been known to drive to and from track events. This car is a Superformance chassis #2584 and is the second of two SPF's (original #1868 3/04) that has the same drive train in both chassis. The heartbeat is a Performance Engineering 418 (351 W) with 567 Hp at the crank and 554 ft/tq. The power is transferred to the tires via 3.46 rear gears. Steve has upgraded the engine with an Accusump pre-oiler and the suspension by adding a GTP anti sway bar which helps him make those tight turns in front of a Porsche. Many times we refer to our cars as our mistress, well Steve went so far as to name his "mistress", her name is Kate. So if you talk to him and he says he is with Kate, it ain't his wife! Steve says his most interesting trip was taken on the Tail of the Dragon from TN to NC, I think Gary can attest to that. His longest single day trip was 568 miles from Detroit to St. Louis. Wow, and I thought last years FCR was long. Steve's best time on the 1/4 mile is 11.95 at 121mph done at Gateway in Madison, IL. He has particapated in driving events at Gingerman, Putnam (4 times), and Motorsports Park Hastings.

Steve writes: "Bought a Superformance Cobra to have a car with the highest HP to weight ratio that I could afford. A McClaren was just a few thousand more than I could afford. Besides I wouldn’t drive in anything I built. The damn thing would fall apart." Well Steve, I think you've got a good one as it has stood up to the punishment you've given it.

Update: Just got an e-mail from Steve. Apparently he broke something in the engine Tuesday night at the drag strip. The car is now at Master Tech in Ellisville for a tear down inspection to determine what's up.

On to the pics.
    At Gateway

Come on Porsche, keep up!

Is that another car back there?

Give her hell Steve!

Seeing how much Kate weighs. You know you never ask a woman that!

Not Tom and Linda K. approved

Interior shot

Taking delivery
    FFR# ????, 460 Big Block, Quickfuel 750 Mechanical Sec., Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to Cobra Jet heads, 428 rwhp and 437 rwtq, T5, 8.8 4 link, 3.55 rear, 4 wheel disc, Color - 2007 Ford/Toyota Orange Crush with Ingot Silver Stripes, Never completed

You ROCK Steve. A true road warrior.

Awesome car Steve, one of my favorites in the club.

Member # 017

Thanks for the kudos guys.

I'm down for the count for a few weeks. One of my pistons failed while coming within .02 seconds of beating Tim's 1/4 mile time at Gateway on Tuesday. I've hauled my car down to the original engine builder (the same one as Mark's) and he will get started on the repair tomorrow.

New pistons, valve job, etc. Nothing that about $5000 won't cure. I should be back on the road by the end of September.

See you tomorrow night at Sonic.

SECRETARY, Member # 015

Only replying here as this car is up for sale on Club Cobra - http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...uct=6170&cat=2
    FFR# ????, 460 Big Block, Quickfuel 750 Mechanical Sec., Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to Cobra Jet heads, 428 rwhp and 437 rwtq, T5, 8.8 4 link, 3.55 rear, 4 wheel disc, Color - 2007 Ford/Toyota Orange Crush with Ingot Silver Stripes, Never completed

ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR, Member #067

Now we know why Steve's going to the London Cobra Show...to buy it back???