Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Trailer (for Rowan’s Cobra)

So I have begun the search for a trailer. Im looking for an enclosed or serpent express trailer with a length between 16 and 18 ft. I have read the following post and taken all its contents into consideration.

https://www.gatewaycobraclub.com/for...hlight=Trailer

From this post the consensus is if I want an enclosed trailer I should look at a 8.5x16ft trailer. What is not indicated is height. For better efficiency what is the lower than the standard 6.6ft interior height option?

The tow vehicle is a 2016 Toyota 4Runner with 6,000 lb capacity so weight is not a large issue.

I’m open to finding either the enclosed or serpent express used let me know if you know of any leads or suggestions. I would like to stay under $4,000 if possible.

Cheers
    Josh

Want brand new...have a look at ARISING TRAILERS...well priced...no one else’s problems... Me, Paul, Kent, got ours at Herculaneum - Viking Trailers... mention Gateway Cobra Club, and we referred you...may get a few bucks off? I love mine, and hauls the car perfectly...zero issues...

Josh, get in touch with Keith Wilson or Mark Patterson. Both of them bought a trailer and the Serpent cover, and built heir own. Not hard to do, but somewhat time consuming. Don't know the final cost, but I think close to your budget? With your tow vehicle, I think the Serpent Express is Ideal, I have one and love it. I know Mark liked how his towed behind his Honda.

Member #007

In my search for a trailer, I found this company in Ga. that have a number of standard features such as dropped axles, 6.5" interior height and heavy duty 5,000 lb ramp door. They come with a beavertail floor which is great for hauling cars.

https://www.trailershowroom.com/85x18chl.htm

At the very least you could use this info for comparison while shopping locally.

18.5 x 18.JPG
    "If you build a liberal a fire, he will be warm for a while. If you set a liberal on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life."

'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.'

"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stops to reload."

The problems we face today are there ... because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

VICE PRESIDENT, Member # 032

Josh, if you'll PM me your email, I'll send you a breakdown of my trailer, Serpent Express retro kit, upgrades, and accessories.
    Basically:
    > Trailer w/options $2,350 (16' (14 + 2' dovetail) 2 axles w/brakes per axle, steel wheels, radial tires, treated wood, Bulldog coupler, 5' ramps, spare tire & carrier
    > Serpent Express Retro kit w/options $2,335 (base kit $1,700, + fittings $75, + 16' $100, + dual Rib $100, + extra doors $100, + Dual Stripes $165, + shipping $95)
    > Conduit (for SE kit) $ 180
    > eBrake controller & harness $ 195
    > E-Track ($20 for 5 foot x4) $ 80
    > E-Track front Rolling Idler Tiedown $ 43 (HIGHLY recommend, no matter what trailer you purchase)
    > E-Track rear Tiedowns $ 15
    > Misc hardware, wiring, LED light upgrades $ 200

I bought the E-Track and Tiedowns for TrucknTow
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, Painted 4/10/14

VICE PRESIDENT, Member # 032

Just saw this posted on FFCars:
    I have a 16’ Serpent Express trailer for sale in Port Orange, FL. I’ll send the details if you are interested.
    https://www.ffcars.com/forums/25-sou...s-trailer.html
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, Painted 4/10/14

Thanks for the heads up, I just sent him a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MPTech View Post

Seen you guys talking about this trailer. Josh if you come to an agreement with trailer and need eyes on it, I'm about two hours from Port Orange and can go look at it. Just let me know.
    FFR 6525 Mk3.1, 347, EFI, 3 Link, 8.8w/ 3.73, 4 piston Baer disc brakes all around, T-5 with S-10 Mid-Shift.

Quote Originally Posted by 33ratride View Post
    Seen you guys talking about this trailer. Josh if you come to an agreement with trailer and need eyes on it, I'm about two hours from Port Orange and can go look at it. Just let me know.
    That would be wonderful, unfortunately I have yet to hear back from him. Looks like he listed it and then perhaps was pulled away by something else.

Keep us informed on the deal. My phone is listed in the membership give me a call.
    FFR 6525 Mk3.1, 347, EFI, 3 Link, 8.8w/ 3.73, 4 piston Baer disc brakes all around, T-5 with S-10 Mid-Shift.