Member #007
    Rides

Default Speeding Ticket Update...!!

Thanks to a suggestion from Ian to contact the Traffic Law Center…my speeding ticket is being satisfactorily resolved.

I just got off the phone with a TLC representative from Glen Carbon who acknowledged that the stretch of Hwy 159 between Hwy 70 and Maryville is a notorious revenue generating “speed trap”.
    Apparently, Maryville obtained a state grant to purchase LIDAR laser equipment in exchange for an agreement to meet daily speeding ticket quotas.
    As a result, they are meeting those quotas with a vengeance.

I was ticketed for 51 MPH in a 35 MPH zone on four-lane roadway.
    A $125 fine.

The TLC attorney indicated that they would be able to reduce the court charge to $75 plus a $100 fee for their attorney to appear in court for me.
    (plus the added savings of eliminating a four-hour 200 mile round trip to appear in Madison County Court)

My total cost would be $175 to keep the speeding ticket off my record using a “Court Supervision” requirement that I must not incur another moving violation in Illinois for a period of 30 days.
    This will eliminate any points added to my driving record and any record of a speeding violation for both the state of Missouri or my insurance company.

IMHO it is a $50 added cost VERY well spent.
    "If you build a liberal a fire, he will be warm for a while. If you set a liberal on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life."

'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.'

"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stops to reload."

The problems we face today are there ... because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Good job, glad it’s handled...now being a True and Blue Member of the TLC...YOU CAN SPEED ANYWHERE ANYTIME. Can become pricey however... glad it worked out for you!

Member #007

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
    Good job, glad it’s handled...now being a True and Blue Member of the TLC...YOU CAN SPEED ANYWHERE ANYTIME. Can become pricey however... glad it worked out for you!
    Thanks for the suggestion...!
    "If you build a liberal a fire, he will be warm for a while. If you set a liberal on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life."

'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.'

"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stops to reload."

The problems we face today are there ... because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.