Thread: EFI Tuning

Member # 038
    Rides

Default EFI Tuning

Hey all!

I have the Holley Sniper EFI that was installed on the coupe recently. It runs okay, but I AM NOT 100% SATISFIED with the way it runs.

I am leaning toward seeing if Bob Monks can get it totally dialed in and a RWHP number. I don't know if he would do what is basically a stock street car. I know Dan and Kerry are proponents of him.

Questions:

1) Any opinions, suggestions?

2) Contact # for him?

3) Anyone else I should consider?

Bob

Bob...I contacted Bob and am awaiting a response on when to call him.
    I am certain he can get you squared away.
    He can do a dyno tune and provide RWHP at the same time.
    I'll pass on his response once received...

Some of the gains he has achieved on "street" motors have been very impressive.
    Last edited by Kerry & Kathy; 09-28-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    "If you build a liberal a fire, he will be warm for a while. If you set a liberal on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life."

'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.'

"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stops to reload."

The problems we face today are there ... because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Bob said to call him Monday or Friday. He indicated his workload is "moderate" right now...but that he could get you in "pretty quickly"...
    573-747-6523
    "If you build a liberal a fire, he will be warm for a while. If you set a liberal on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life."

'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.'

"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stops to reload."

The problems we face today are there ... because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

VICE PRESIDENT, Member # 010

Thanks Kerry for getting on that for Bob. Bob, I know that Bob Monks works on Sniper systems. He almost recommended on for me, but I was stuck on forced induction and my HP goals. I've talked or emailed most of the tuners in my area and all except Bob wouldn't tell me what they would be doing to my car. I had a problem with that. Bob was very up front about everything and answered all my questions. I've gone used him twice and I'll be using him for my new car once it's ready. If I have questions on the new set up, he's been very accommodating with suggestions. I'm sure he'll get you fixed right up and he'll give you all the data you ever wanted to know about that combination.
    FFR #4402 Supercharged 308 445 RWHP Sterling Grey W/ Black Sapphire Stripes Purchase 8/22/2008 Sold 12/04/2018
    FFR #8249 "Milano" Kit purchased 10/5/2018 - In-Process

Interesting!!! I called and talked with him about tuning my car, said he wasn't interested?????? WTF

Bob if you talk to him let me know what he has to say.
    Last edited by Richgrsc; 09-29-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Not the Mechanic I am...BUT I would take it to Omer Phelps 314-378-0374...out 61 only 5mins north from Wentzville. Call him, may answer if NOT leave a message, he will call you back... forget ALL PRIMA DONNA’s.......

Quote Originally Posted by Richgrsc View Post
    Interesting!!! I called and talked with him about tuning my car, said he wasn't interested?????? WTF

It that because of the stacks? I know he doesn't do carbs, but I thought since it's injected it would work for him.
    FFR #4402 Supercharged 308 445 RWHP Sterling Grey W/ Black Sapphire Stripes Purchase 8/22/2008 Sold 12/04/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Richgrsc View Post

Is it because of the stacks? I know he doesn't do carbs, but thought the injected stack would work for him.

Quote Originally Posted by TBULL View Post
    Is it because of the stacks? I know he doesn't do carbs, but thought the injected stack would work for him.
    I explained in detail it was EFI, including what system was used. Said he didn't have time to look at it, maybe when he's not so busy?

OK. Thanks Rich.