Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Veterans Day

Rides
    "If you build a liberal a fire, he will be warm for a while. If you set a liberal on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life."

'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.'

"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stops to reload."

The problems we face today are there ... because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Thank you Kerry.
    Sorry that you and thousands of others received such treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Richgrsc View Post
    Thank you Kerry.
    Sorry that you and thousands of others received such treatment.
    Thanks Rich...

I am glad that at least today's Vets are getting the recognition they deserve from the general public.
    It is dramatically different than it was 50 years ago...and it has taken a generation to get those mistakes corrected.

Unfortunately the ones that were protesting and spitting on servicemen in the 60's and 70's are now in positions of authority in politics and state houses making laws that are still influenced by their hatred of America and those who served.
    It is hard for some of us to let our suppressed feelings dissipate toward such misguided people...
    "If you build a liberal a fire, he will be warm for a while. If you set a liberal on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life."

'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.'

"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stops to reload."

The problems we face today are there ... because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I agree, that's very true.

I vividly remember being told upon my return in 1968 ( some of you were not even born yet) ...DO NOT wear your uniform in public, especially the airports, as the stigma of a Vietnam Vet was “baby killer”.... as My Lai massacre was fresh in the minds of many due to Lt Calley. The date was 1968, March 16th.... poor decisions, coupled with fear of unknown and knee jerk actions..in Village of Son My, South Vietnam. This earned us the black hash marks that all bore.... we avoided talking about Vietnam, still difficult for some. For me, I don’t give a crap, got a question just ask. I find it very interesting how Veterans are treated today vs. yesterday....kind of refreshing. I remember being in Sturgis (1997) and had a Vietnam Patch on my vest...a HELLS ANGEL in all his regalia .... looked straight at me without emotion and simply said, welcome home man.... it was quite strange.... and moving at the same time.... if I recall it was the first time anyone ever said that to me..... ok that’s all, excuse the rant.

SECRETARY, Member # 015

Good points Ian. Aren't all wars the result of some bad/poor decisions and knee jerk reactions? I support all Vets as I know how and do not hold a grudge or anything against what happened during a war.

My work has an Operation Gratitude event going on where we have a list of items to donate that will be shipped to current Soldiers. If this is something people here want to participate in, the items shown below are needed. Get to me by 11/26 so i can add it to our bin.
    OperationGratitude.jpg
    FFR# ????, 460 Big Block, Quickfuel 750 Mechanical Sec., Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to Cobra Jet heads, 428 rwhp and 437 rwtq, T5, 8.8 4 link, 3.55 rear, 4 wheel disc, Color - 2007 Ford/Toyota Orange Crush with Ingot Silver Stripes, Never completed