Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rides

Default New member - Casey Skelton

Welcome Casey Skelton to our group, you'll see the user name "Caskel"

His initial information indicates a Factory Five but no other details.

Casey, tell us more, inquiring minds want to know

Welcome Casey!

VICE PRESIDENT, Member # 010

Welcome to the club Casey. Tell us more about yourself and your ride.
    FFR #4402 Supercharged 308 445 RWHP Sterling Grey W/ Black Sapphire Stripes Purchase 8/22/2008 Sold 12/04/2018
    FFR #8249 "Milano" Kit purchased 10/5/2018 - In-Process

Hi Everyone.
    The short version: Took advantage of the new year sale at FFR and ordered up a base kit that I have wanted for years. Expected to wait a few months for the production run. Instead, got a completion date of 2/1/20.

The long version: I have wanted one of these cars for at least a decade. Phase 1 of the plan: When it came time to purchase a third vehicle for the two older kids to drive to school for marching band, volleyball, robotics, etc., my wife said she wanted to get something older, didn't care about mileage, something inexpensive. Hmmn, lightbulb. I found a 1997 Mustang GT, very high mileage but also unmodified, (still had the factory airbox.) Only took out collision insurance, told the kids if they wrecked it, they were back on the bus. Did all the basic maintenance, plugs, wires, hoses, accessory belt. Major repairs: replaced the clutch myself, differential bearings (had the shop install 3:55 while the case was open.) 5 years later, those two kids are off to college, Mustang not getting used much, New Year sale at FFR....We are on to Phase 2.

I have been lurking on this forum a bit for tips, tricks and such. I have a plan and a picture in my mind of the completed car. Right now I have nothing but excitement, I'll need to remind myself often during the build, patience is top priority.

Might as well ask my first question. Can anyone recommend a reliable speed shop to rebuild the 4.6? That could be the biggest hurdle of the project.

Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to a great summer,
    Casey

Sounds like a good plan Casey. I'm know of a few places that could rebuild a 4.6, but I didn't have them do work for me personally.

Member #077

Welcome to the fun!

PRESIDENT, Member # 032

Welcome Casey! Look forward to hearing your build plans and seeing your progress.

Let us know about delivery day, we like to see all the new stuff and talk you into spending more money (and we're pretty good at it!)
    If the weather is descent, we'd enjoy breaking out the roadsters.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, Painted 4/10/14

Member #051

Hey Casey. I have a bunch of misc new parts here. Maybe it’s worth a look for your build ?

Member #051

Quick note Casey. I also have a new heater I’m not planning on using. That I might think about selling.

VICE PRESIDENT, Member # 010

Casey, Where do you live? I've had good results from Morley Performance in Fenton for my machine shop jobs. Along with your membership, you get access to the club equipment. Let us know if you need help pulling the engine. I currently am using the engine stand, but we have a cherry picker and other tools as well. As Mark and other have pointed out, we have a wealth of knowledge about these cars. We can give you as much or little help as you want. You are correct about the patience part of this. I don't have much, but this has taught me to have a little more.
    FFR #4402 Supercharged 308 445 RWHP Sterling Grey W/ Black Sapphire Stripes Purchase 8/22/2008 Sold 12/04/2018
    FFR #8249 "Milano" Kit purchased 10/5/2018 - In-Process