Default Jim Coupe Update

I'm building a Factory Five Gen 3 Coupe. So far I've completed the steering, suspension, rear end, brake lines, gas tank, fuel lines from gas tank to engine bay, emergency brake, and placement of the AC/Heater Evaporator above the PS footbox. I'm currently working on fitting and drilling all the aluminum panels. The coupe will be powered by a Gen 2 Coyote engine with a Tremec T56 Magnum transmission.
    Here are some pictures. The accelerator pedal is not in its final position.
    Body1.jpgChassis1.jpgAlum_Cockpit.jpgAlum_EngineBay.jpgEngine.jpg

Member # 038

Way to go, Jim !!!

What controller / ECM are you using on the Coyote?
    Second gen...what year...15-16-17?
    Crate engine?
    Love the F5 engine / trans cradle.

That looks good, nice progress.

Member #077

Looking good Jim. I like the coupes more and more. The cage around you is a huge plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry & Kathy View Post
    What controller / ECM are you using on the Coyote?
    Second gen...what year...15-16-17?
    Crate engine?
    Love the F5 engine / trans cradle.
    I have the Coyote crate engine from Ford Performance. I also had to purchase the Ford Performance Controls Pack which includes the PCM, etc. to make the engine work for my coupe. The F5 engine cradle is really nice when I need to move it. I bought the crate engine/transmission through F5 and had it delivered with the car.

Member #051

Hey Jim, that’s looking good. What’s your background ? Your sheet metal and fastener layout looks spot on from what I can see.
    This may make the other guys laugh since I’ve milked out getting the Cobra done but I’ve had thoughts of building a Coupe as a “Do Over”. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno50 View Post
    Hey Jim, that’s looking good. What’s your background ? Your sheet metal and fastener layout looks spot on from what I can see.
    This may make the other guys laugh since I’ve milked out getting the Cobra done but I’ve had thoughts of building a Coupe as a “Do Over”. Lol.
    I retired a couple of years ago from the IT field. My first car was a 1966 MGB that was constantly breaking. My father was an airline mechanic for TWA, helped me fix the car when it broke, and taught me a lot. Plus he had lots of tools! My friends had the MG Midget, Austin Healey 3000, Triumph Spitfire, and a Triumph TR6. So there was always something broke that needed to be fixed.

Regarding the sheet metal work, I went to the Cobra Build School in Michigan where we got to practice with the sheet metal and the instructors gave us their suggestions and tips. I also follow the Factory FIve forum, especially Paul Borror (EDWARDB) who has a great build log of his Gen 3 Coupe with lots of pictures.