Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Hi all,

Been working my dream of owning a cobra since Feb this year, had a couple of test drives through FastLane STL (awesome folks), discussed car options for 2 1/2 months with a builder, and finally pulled the trigger in June. I'm cautiously optimistic (controlled excitement) until car is officially delivered (slated for late Nov/early Dec). My wife has been especially supportive of my trackdays (HPDE events) all over the US and now this :-) My 2 boys think its just another car thing dad is doing.

Anyways that's it for now, look forward to meeting you all and maybe joining some cruises after delivery.

WallyB

FullSizeRender.jpg
    Last edited by WallyB; 09-21-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Glad to have you on board Wally.
    Rick
    FFR 6525 Mk3.1, 347, EFI, 3 Link, 8.8w/ 3.73, 4 piston Baer disc brakes all around, T-5 with S-10 Mid-Shift.

Much appreciated Rick

Steven (WallyB)

ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR, Member #067

Steven, welcome to the Gateway Cobra Club! Look forward to meeting you.

I know Mascoutah is a bit of a drive, but did want to extend an invite to our annual club picnic this Sunday 9/27. See forum posts and calendar on website for more details.

Mike

SECRETARY, Member # 015

Yay!!! Another track guy!!! Makes me happy.....Maybe I overlooked them, but, have you been to Hallet or Putnam? Two of my favorites. These cars are kinda good for that Welcome

Tim
    FFR# ????, 460 Big Block, Quickfuel 750 Mechanical Sec., Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to Cobra Jet heads, 428 rwhp and 437 rwtq, T5, 8.8 4 link, 3.55 rear, 4 wheel disc, Color - 2007 Ford/Toyota Orange Crush with Ingot Silver Stripes, Never completed

Tell us about the car you're getting. You're having it built for you?

Quote Originally Posted by mplunk View Post
    Steven, welcome to the Gateway Cobra Club! Look forward to meeting you.

I know Mascoutah is a bit of a drive, but did want to extend an invite to our annual club picnic this Sunday 9/27. See forum posts and calendar on website for more details.

Mike
    Thanks Mike. If we decide to go we'll probably bring macaroni salad and chocolate silk pie lol

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Venom View Post
    Yay!!! Another track guy!!! Makes me happy.....Maybe I overlooked them, but, have you been to Hallet or Putnam? Two of my favorites. These cars are kinda good for that Welcome

Tim
    nice, never been to Hallet or Putnam. I'll probably have a ton of cobra questions regarding trackdays for you :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Richgrsc View Post
    Tell us about the car you're getting. You're having it built for you?
    Hi Richgrsc,

I'm working with Vintage Motorsports (Jay) on a Backdraft RT4B GT, 427 SB, EFI, 6-pt/4-pt Willwood Brake kit & ducts, T-56, all black.

The closer we get, the days get longer/slower lol

Sounds like a great car.